About H. Roe Bartle Scout Reservation
The H. Roe Bartle Scout Reservation, located in Osceola, Missouri, is home to over 6,600 Boy Scouts and 3,000 leaders each summer. The 4,200 acre reservation consists of three camps Lone Star, Sawmill, and Piercing Arrow and the Osage Wilderness Trail. The H. Roe Bartle Scout Reservation has been a summer home to Scouting and it’s honor camping program the Tribe of Mic-O-Say since 1929.
Merit Badge Offerings The H. Roe Bartle Scout Reservation offers the following merit badges:
- Ecology/Conservation Lodge: Astronomy, Bird Study, Environmental Science, Fish & Wildlife Management, Forestry, Geology, Insect Study, Mamal Study, Nature, Reptile & Amphiban Study, Soil & Water Conservation, Space Exploration & Weather
- Camp Newspaper Office: Communications, Journalism & Law
- Shooting Sports: Archery, Rifle Shooting, Shotgun Shooting
- Arts & Craft Lodge: Art, Basketry, Indian Lore, Leatherwork, Pottery, Sculpture, Woodcarving
- Scoutcraft Lodge: Camping, Orienteering, Pioneering, Surveying, & Wilderness Survival
- Pool: Lifesaving, Swimming, Mile Swim, Beginner Swim, Aquatics Supervisor
- Lakefront Program: The Harry S. Truman Reservoir is the backdrop for the H. Roe Bartle Scout Reservation’s lakefront programs.
- Merit Badges Offered: Small Boat Sailing, Rowing, Canoeing, Kayaking, Fishing, Motorboating, Water Sports.
- Other Program Offerings: Leaders who teach other merit badges not offered by the camp, may volunteer to teach during the session they will attend. Please coordinate this with the camp by calling 417-646-8115 and ask for Tom Volek.
- Outpost Programs The Outpost Programs offer the opportunity get Scouts out of camp and into exciting activities. Most programs offer a dutch oven meal for dinner.
- Outpost Activities: Action Archery, Briley Creek Gun Club, Supper with Snakes, Carnival in the Woods, Cliff Hanger, Davy Crocket, Diner in the Oaks, Indian Village, Lewis & Clark Canoe Trip, Lobo’s Challenge, Mountain Man Village, Turkey Wing Gun Club, & Up and Down Cave